She has an update in her file from 3/3/2014:
1. Is she walking without assistance? She can walk by holding something.
2. Is she saying any words? Not yet.
3. Does she understand what is being said to her and follow directions? Sometimes she can understand instructions of the caretakers and follow it.
4. Does she respond when her name is called? Yes. But sometimes she does not want to talk to you.
5. Does she play well with other children? Occasionally she will play with other kids.
Generally she plays by herself.
6. Does she like to be hugged and held by caretakers, and does she initiate this type of contact with caretakers? She likes being hugged and held by caretakers. She will not hug or hold the caretakers. She will hold their hands to play together.
7. Is her mental development similar to that of her peers? A little behind kids from normal families.
8. Is her physical development similar to that of her peers? A little behind kids from normal families.
9. Has she been diagnosed with any special needs in addition to cleft lip and palate? No.
10. What type of toys does she like to play with best? Balls.
If you are interested in learning more about Sheena, please fill out a free Prospective Adoptive Parents- Waiting Child Review Form, which can be found here:http://madisonadoption.com/docs/Prospective%20Adoptive%20Parents%20-%20WC%20Form.pdf